Java is one of the most popular programming languages in the world and has become increasingly popular over the past few years. It continues to be popular across all industries, from web development to app development, and shows no signs of declining. The number of software tools available to construct Java applications more quickly and effectively is increasing along with Java’s popularity. In this post, we’ll look at eight Java development tools that, when you’re working on your next significant project, you should absolutely take into account.
However, before you read on to learn about the top 8 Java tools for application development, it is important to understand this blog’s main points:
- Why Is Java So Popular and What Does It Do?
- What Can You Create Using Java Tools?
- Why Do Businesses Trust Java Programming and Prefer It?
- Using the Top 8 Java Tools in 2023
- Conclusion: Where to Go from Here?
Let’s go deeper into each point.
Why Is Java So Popular and What Does It Do?
Sun Microsystems first introduced Java, a programming language and computing platform, in 1995. The most recent version of the language, Java 11, is one of many that are available. Businesses and organizations have mostly accepted technology.
How Does Java Easily Stay One of the Top Enterprise Coding Languages?
Many programming languages come and go as the software development sector expands. However, Java has remained one of the most widely used languages. You must understand why Java and its technologies will still be popular in 2023 before you employ app developers to begin developing your application.
The primary benefit of Java is it is created to be an all-purpose language that can be used with any type of computer or device.
Platform independence means that it can operate on everything, including smartphones, supercomputers, and anything in between. You don’t have to worry about getting rid of unnecessary objects because it also includes automatic memory management.
Because it automatically guards against viruses, malware, and hackers, Java manages security better than other languages. Users won’t have to worry about these risks constantly resurfacing and can instead concentrate on writing their own programmes.
What Can You Create Using Java Tools?
Java development tools is used for a wide range.
Since they are adjustable and cross-platform, Java developers can easily collaborate with users of Macs and PCs. Therefore, all you need to do to customize your software is to hire Java web developers. Since Java is free and open source, a sizable and helpful developer community exists. With Java programming tools, a developer can create anything they desire.
As an aside, here is what you can create using Java tools:
Applications for Android
The Android platform has had a huge impact on app creation. The Google Play Store has more than 3 million apps and more than 100 billion downloads. Because developers are confident in the dependability of Java-written libraries, they can support such a large user base.
For most of the time that Android has been available, developers have been working with the Java programming language. Use the Android Studio, the authorized IDE, to create programs for the Android operating system. You can easily create apps using Java because Android relies on APIs and supports a wide number of Java libraries.
Due to its great tools and integrated development environment, Java is also a good choice for creating web applications (IDE). Additionally, utilizing the Spring framework and simple Java objects, developers may design cutting-edge online apps. Programmers can utilize them to create web apps. It makes use of either common Java objects or UIs created with tools like NetBeans, Apache Flex, or GWT.
There are several excellent choices available for developers that take use of Java’s platform freedom, whether you want to build a brand-new mobile application from scratch or transform an existing programme into a mobile version.
You can also hire a specialized development team to build a web application. It uses numerous well-known Java frameworks and provides native bindings for Android and iOS devices. It is compatible with the libraries and frameworks now in use by business apps made in conventional languages like C++.
Using Desktop Program
In addition to applications and websites, it used to construct desktop apps, embedded programmes, and websites. The most popular form of middleware is Java, which provides interfaces that make it easier for programmers to develop applications that connect to databases and other system elements inside an organization.
Java Gaming App Development
The most widely used programming language for creating video games is Java. It Used to develop arcade games like Jetpack Joyride and Crossy Road as well as first-person shooters like Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite.
It also allows for the integration of other computer languages, which makes it simple to combine different programming languages while maintaining a single codebase. On any platform, including Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and mobile devices running the Android or iOS operating systems, you may create games using Java tools.
Big Data in Java
It has become the most popular programming language for businesses, particularly with the emergence of big data. Java is a higher level programming language that used to build reliable applications and services with little upkeep needed. Java For Big Data gives programmers access to tools that make it simple to examine huge data sets using the Hadoop and Spark frameworks, which can be challenging to set up independently.
IoT in Java
The most popular programming language for Internet of Things is it. Java For IoT gives developers the tools they need to create apps that are safe, scalable, and adaptable to almost any device. You can work with a web app developer to use this technology for IoT. Additionally, it allows for remote upgrades so that you may wirelessly deploy security patches or new features (OTA). The compatibility of Java tools with other technologies, such as cloud services, is another significant benefit.
Why Do Businesses Trust Java Programming and Prefer It?
Businesses place a high importance on a software application’s performance when developing it. But why do businesses favor Java??
- The grammar of the language was created with programmers’ ease of use in mind from the very beginning.
- Java has more than 50000 packages, which is more than enough capability for any project.
- A single Java program may run on anything from your laptop to a server supporting dozens of websites due to the language’s portability.
- If you learn Java well enough, there is no other programming language out there that would be much more challenging for you to learn and understand.
- Strong compiler: Unlike other languages that require days or weeks to fix compilation mistakes, Java compiles quickly and without errors, allowing projects to be launched right away.
- Excellent support: Java is preinstalled on the majority of operating systems, along with tools like Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ IDEA.
- Built-in thread support: Compared to other languages, Java includes built-in thread support, which makes parallel programming easier.
- Simple deployment – Unlike other languages where servers must be set up in advance, Java programs may be deployed by simply running a command-line tool once on any machine that needs access.
- Instead of running on desktops, Android operates on smartphones and tablets, using a modified version of Java known as Dalvik.
- Data analysis tools: many data analysis libraries, including Apache Spark and Apache Hadoop, are written in it.
Types of Java development Tools
If you’re unsure which Java development tool to choose, you should have a look at the Stack Overflow 2021 survey report. Java is well-liked for creating numerous apps because of its adaptability, and it provides the top 8 open-source tools for creating high-performing apps.
One of the most well-known Java development tools. Programmers can write safer and clearer code with the help of SonarQube, an automatic code review tool. It incorporates CI/CD tools like Azure DevOps Server, Jenkins, and many others.
There are a lot of capabilities in SonarQube that raise the quality and security of your code. The community version of SonarQube is completely free, but for access to some of the more sophisticated features and analysis tools that look more professional, you can upgrade to a commercial license. For example, an editor that helps you make sure you are not leaving any significant mistakes behind and a way to determine if your project is stable enough for production.
Features of SonarQube’s tools
- SonarQube is an open-source platform that offers continuous analysis, issue tracking, and metrics for the quality of the code.
- It utilizes a variety of testing frameworks to examine code and supports a number of programming languages.
- it has issues with the code, such as duplicated code, unused variables and methods, overused methods, and others. It automatically found by SonarQube.
- Additionally, it allows you to design your own rules for identifying particular issues.
- You don’t have to bother about setting it up or keeping it updated on your own server .
2. Jenkins CI
One of the most well-known Java development tools, is Jenkins. It is an open-source continuous integration server. It automates the procedure for downloading code from a repository and performing a series of tests on it. Many software firms use Jenkins to validate their code with each commit. Additionally, this programme features plug-ins that let you interact with numerous other tools, like as Sonar, to detect issues early so they may be rapidly rectified.
Features of Jenkins CI’s tools
- Developers may create, test, package, and deploy code using Jenkins CI, a continuous integration and delivery technology.
- Initially it developed by Kohsuke Kawaguchi, the tool is now a fully developed product sponsored by Cloud Bees.
- Oracle JDK is first installed during installation of Jenkins, which is mostly written in it.
- It is one of the most widely used tools by development teams nowadays thanks to its many features.
- Its capability to communicate progress via web pages or email notifications is one of its key advantages, making it simpler for team members to keep track of their assignments.
- Jenkins also keeps track of events, including who made what changes.
Features of NetBeans’ tools
- It serves as a framework for Java Swing desktop applications.
- It can save any data and load it.
- remote js server side scripts
4. Android Studio
NetBeans used to create desktop and online applications. but Android Studio is required to create Android applications. Android Studio is based on IntelliJ IDEA and includes refactoring tools, Lint tools, and other features.
Even though Google has switched from Java to Kotlin as their preferred programming language for Android apps, the bulk of mobile apps you use on a daily basis still utilize Java.
If your app meets with Google’s developer regulations, you can compile it with Android Studio and publish it directly to the Google Play Store.
Features of Android Studio
- An IDE for creating Android apps is called Android Studio.
- With its completely integrated development environment, you can create Android apps, test them, debug them, and write code all from the same screen.
- Instant Run – Using this method, you can quickly receive feedback on your code changes without having to wait for Gradle to sync or a complete rebuild.
- Git and Subversion repositories support version control system integration, which includes the ability to view the history of file modifications and roll back any changes as necessary.
One of the most well-known Java development tools. Maven is a tool for managing Java projects, and it also keeps track of all the builds, reports, and documentation for your project in one location. Django is opinionated and demands convention over configuration; therefore, you must adhere to its conventional method of creating projects with precise instructions.
Ant is yet a different Maven substitute. Ant is simpler to configure than Maven since it has fewer rigid opinions. You can also employ a web app developer to create Maven applications that operate more quickly. Maven is the simpler choice unless your project has a peculiar build structure.
Features of Maven Features
- Better performance is the result of faster speed.
- explains the idea of parallel building.
- Sub-modules don’t need to specify the parent version because it will be taken for granted.
- extremely quick.
- If a dependency is not detected, it is automatically downloaded.
- its dependency and piece of build code is combined with your unique code in a Maven Specification.
- rather straightforward construction
- You can conduct the unit test and automatically acquire the Javadoc for every JAR.
- Code maintenance and modularization.
It is a framework designed by JetBrains and may be downloaded by business owners and software developers under an Apache2 license or a proprietary license. Jasypt is designed for code refactoring. It was developed utilizing an open-source environment and the Java programming language.
Features of IntelliJ IDEA
- It supports a version control system.
- It also supports additional build tools like Maven, Ant, Gradle, etc.
- This is an easy method for carrying out unit testing.
- It has a de-compiler included within it.
- supports a variety of application servers, including Glassfish, WebLogic, and Apache Tomcat.
- For editing, accessing Windows tools, etc., there are keyboard shortcuts available.
- By identifying duplicates, it thereby aids in code optimization.
One of the most well-known Java development tools. Java Server Page (JSP), an open source framework created in the Java computer language. it used in programming. Developers can automate the process of locating and fixing coding problems thanks to the programme.
Features of Jenkins
- A straightforward, approachable, and extendable open source programme.
- Due to the introduction of plugins, it is easy to use.
- Both upgrades and installation are simple.
- A free and open source tool.
- connects easily with all significant tools.
- Several types of plug-ins.
- Due to its open source nature, it is simple to learn, comprehend, and use.
- The system has integrated APIs.
One of the most well-known Java development tools. Building on the ideas of Ant and Maven, Gradle is a tool for dependency management and build automation. Instead of using an XML-based text format, a special language that is simple to use is built into the system. Often, minification produces smaller configuration files and less clutter.
Gradle cannot compile Java without a Java plugin. The plugins for Gradle provide the majority of its functionality. If you aren’t familiar with Kotlin or Groovy, it will take more time to become used to, but because it’s speedier and has more extensive debugging features, complex databases benefit greatly from it.
Features of Gradle
- Able to rapidly adjust and react.
- Because it supports a wide range of languages, including Java, Groovy, and Scala.
- Enables the usage of DSL, a language based on Groovy.
- For managing tasks, projects, dependency artefacts, etc., a deep and extensive API is available.
- Absolutely free
- Automated assistance with builds and dependencies
- Because of the way dependencies and builds operate, migration is simple.
- Swiftly and rapidly.
- Useful and beautiful to read.
- Easy to install, well-documented, and resistant to breaking
The creation of desktop, online, and mobile applications uses the programming language Java. So, if you want to build a Java application but are unclear of which tool will work best for your project, you can get help from an app developer.
As long as developers continue to use it to create their solutions, it won’t disappear any time soon. As long as there is a market for software, it will continue to gain popularity. Both compilation and interpretation are possible for the Java language, with interpretation being the faster option.
Therefore, if you have a project concept in mind and are seeking for a professional app development company that can assist you in selecting the finest Java tool, please get in touch with us or submit a question below.